The Kimberley is one of Australia’s premier fishing destinations.
Home to the fabled Barramundi and a host of other tropical species
Kununurra is the gateway to fishing the Kimberley, and Northbound Charters will help you to experience the best in Kimberley fishing adventures. From freshwater adventures on Lake Kununurra, exploring the wild Ord River or visiting remote coastal creeks, we know where to go.
At Northbound we work with the tides, the recent fishing activity, and the weather to give you the very best chance to land some superb fish. Targeting the iconic Barramundi we know where to go to get the photos and tick the Barramundi off your bucketlist
Spend a full day fishing the remote waterways of the Kimberley. Offering so much more than just a fishing charter, the scenery in this area is stunning, rugged and raw. Sheer rock faces meet the vast water offering an ideal photo opportunity. The Kimberley is the home of big crocs, and while they usually lurk beneath the muddy waters, during the cooler months of June and July they can be spotted sunning themselves on the banks at low tide.
Those keen on tasting the succulent white meat of a green Kimberley mud crab can put away the rods for a couple of hours and try their luck at catching one of these prized delicacies. Even the hungriest fisherman will struggle to get through one good sized mud crab as their claws can grow to the size of your beer can. Offering lots of laughs and a chance to encounter a curious greedy crocodile, mud crabbing is a great Kimberley pastime.
Why choose Northbound Charters for your next fishing safari?
- Small numbers. Max 4 guests . NB We may be able to cater to larger groups on request.
- Fish with our experienced Kimberley fishing guides.
- Your fishing vessel is fully surveyed offering a clean and comfortable experience for keen anglers.
- Options available for custom fishing safaris.
- Not just a fishing trip, get away from the world and enjoy epic Kimberley scenery and wildlife.
Northbound Charters also offers custom charters combining the opportunity to pair 1/2 day fishing with sightseeing and exploring some of the iconic East Kimberley attractions.
Northbound Charters offer tailored fishing trips in the Kimberley WA
1/2 day, Full day and Custom options available
For the best barramundi fishing experience in Kununurra
- Full day guided fishing, exploring the abundant waters of the East Kimberley.
- Lunch, cold water, soft drinks and snacks.
- Top quality fishing tackle.
- Fishing permits under our WA Fishing Tour Operator’s License.
- Your catch filleted and bagged for you to take home in some locations.
- Sunscreen and insect repellant.